St Silas' Parish Church has served the people of Albert Park since 1879.
The first church was a wooden structure, which stood on the corner of Bridport and Ferrars Streets.
After almost 50 years it was decided to build the present church, designed by Louis Williams and this impressive structure has enhanced the top of the Albert Park shopping center since the late 1920's. It remained unfinished until 1965, when a mezzanine floor was installed and the church moved upstairs, with the hall beneath.
St Anselm's really started in 1891 when the first priest was licensed as the incumbent of Middle Park, a parish with "neither church, not congregation, nor parsonage, nor income." A wooden church was built and dedicated on 8th October of the same year. The chief corner stone for the new brick church was laid on 11th March 1919 and the church was dedicated on July 12th.
In the year 2001, with the closure of St Anselm's and the amalgamation of the two parishes the interior of St Silas' church was greatly enhanced and beautified by the addition of much of the beauty that made St Anselm's such a special place of worship.
The statue of St Anselm was hung at the entrance to the sanctuary and a new statue of St Silas was carved to hang on the pillar opposite.